Early Orthodontics With Clear Aligners For Kids
Children are exceptional when it comes to change, so when it comes to your child needing orthodontic care, there is no time like the present! Children as young as seven years old are good candidates for evaluation by our orthodontic team, and our orthodontists can make recommendations of options your child may have to improve their smile. You may be wondering if Invisalign is ideal for your child because there are so many orthodontic alternatives for children today. Orthodontic treatments like Invisalign are offered to our patients on a case-by-case basis, although we’ve seen some of our best Invisalign patients during their adolescence.
Is My Child A Candidate For Clear Aligners?
Invisalign and Spark Clear Aligners are increasingly popular orthodontic treatments for both adults and children. But how do you know if your child is a candidate for these clear, removable appliances? The first step is to consult with an orthodontist. During a consultation, Dr. Leiss, Dr. Hendrix, or Dr. Sulaiman will examine your child’s teeth and jaw structure to determine if clear aligners are a suitable treatment option. In general, children who are good candidates for Invisalign or clear aligners have all of their permanent teeth and are at least seven years old. However, every case is unique, so it’s important to consult with an orthodontist to see if clear aligners are right for your child.
Clear Aligner Options
At our practice, we offer two different types of clear aligners: Invisalign and Spark Clear Aligners. Invisalign is a well-known brand that uses clear plastic aligners to gradually straighten teeth. Spark Clear Aligners are a newer option that uses the same basic principle at an affordable price. Both options are virtually invisible when worn and can be removed for eating, drinking, and brushing your teeth. If you’re considering clear aligners, our orthodontic team can help you choose the best option for your smile.
Benefits Of Clear Aligners For Children
As any parent knows, making sure your child has healthy teeth is important. Not only do strong teeth promote good oral hygiene, but they can also boost self-confidence and self-esteem. When choosing the right type of orthodontic treatment for your child, you want to consider all of your options to make an informed decision. Clear aligners have several distinct benefits!
- Discreet Appearance – Clear aligners offer a great solution for kids who want to improve their smiles without having to deal with metal brackets and wires. Aligners are made from clear plastic, so they are virtually invisible when worn.
- Comfort – Because they are designed to hug closely to your child’s teeth and are made from plastic, they are more comfortable than traditional braces.
- Removable – Clear aligners can be removed for eating and brushing. This makes them appealing to many families who want to capture milestone moments without the interference of metal braces. They can be removed for photos without disrupting your child’s treatment.
- Low Maintenance – Invisalign is significantly easier to care for and maintain than other orthodontic treatments. Your youngster will wear them for 20-22 hours a day and will only remove them for meals. Food limitations are also no longer an issue with clear aligners! After they’ve finished eating, kids can clean their teeth and then replace the trays.
- Faster Treatment – Best of all, in milder cases, clear aligners can achieve the same results as traditional braces in a fraction of the time. They offer a great option for kids who want to improve their smiles quickly.
Many children are reluctant to wear braces, fearing that they will be uncomfortable or that they will make them look different from their peers. With clear aligners, these issues are not as common. So, if you think clear aligners are appealing for your child, ask our team for a free consultation to see if they may be an option.
How Should My Child Care For Their Clear Aligners?
Clear aligners are a popular orthodontic treatment for both adults and children. Unlike traditional braces, which are bonded to the teeth, clear aligners are removable and barely visible. Although they are very low maintenance, there are a few things that patients should do to ensure that their aligners stay clean and in good condition. First, patients should brush their teeth before putting in their aligners. This will help to remove any food particles or plaque that could become trapped underneath the aligners. Additionally, patients should remove their aligners when eating to protect them from damage. Finally, patients should clean their aligners nightly with mild soap and lukewarm water. By following these simple tips, patients can keep their clear aligners clean and well-maintained.